If you want to monetize your writing, then creating digital products is a must.
The good news is that nowadays, it is extremely easy to create a product that your audience will love and pay for.
Here is a quick guide on how to create and sell a digital product:
- Pick a topic that you are very familiar with. My first product was about writing pitches for editors and marketing managers. I picked this topic because I have been pitching and getting published in various publications for almost 25 years so that I could write about this in my sleep.
- Make it simple. Divide it into chapters and subchapters. For example. My ebook contains the following chapters:
How to compose a winning pitch.
Where to find editors to pitch to.
How to organize your workflow.
- Share it with a colleague or a fellow writer or content created for a peer review. Make sure it’s typo-free.
- Open Canva. I( have a paid account ) and look for an “e-booklet” template. Find one you like and paste your material there. Of course, you can customize the template to your liking.
- Look for an “e-book cover” template on Canva and design your cover, including your title and name.
- Download the book as a pdf and the cover as a JPG.
- Create an account on Gumroad, a wonderful site that makes it very easy for creators to sell products.
- Upload the book and the cover and populate your landing page.
- Share your product link via social media, newsletter, and also through various funnels (Email sequences) you can create.
If If you would like to check out my digital products on Gumroad, here is a link: the book and the cover and populate your landing page.
If you enjoyed this, you might enjoy my newsletter, in which I provide tips on writing and publishing. You can subscribe here.